3 WAY MASH SHEPHERD'S PIE
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
- Grass Fed Beef Mince
- Tinned Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Beef Stock
- Choice of Veg for mashing e.g. Sweet Potato, White Potato or Cauliflower
- Sauté onion, garlic and thyme sprigs in pan till brown. Then add the carrots, peas and corn and cook for a further 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally until the vegetables start to brown.
- Stir in the mince and cook until brown. Pour in beef stock, tomatoes, tomato purée, and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until liquid begins to reduce and slightly thicken. (15-20mins)
- 3 Way Mash, you could use any foe the following vegetables to make the mash following the same instructions below. Potato, Sweet Potato, or Cauliflower.
- Put the vegetable of choice in boiling water. Bring back to the boil, then simmer until soft. Drain well in a colander.
- Mash with a masher or, briefly, with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Mix in butter, salt, pepper, chilli (milk if you wish)
- Spoon the meat into a dish, top with the mash and place the dish in oven until mash is browned.
- Serve with steamed veg or a fresh salad.
Gemma is a rare breed – both a degree qualified nutritionist and a Master Personal Trainer. She practices what she preaches, having successfully competed in International Natural Bodybuilding Association Bikini Class competitions - but she also knows the value of a cheat meal.
Gemma has had a lifelong passion for food and fitness and views the two as a complete package. Gemma's passion is to teach her clients how to make health easy through nutrition, training and lifestyle strategies.
Search my site to find articles on a variety of topics, including fat loss, workouts, nutrition, recipes and much more!